Friday 17 August 2012

Augusts GlossyBox

It was a pleasant surprise to actually receive this months Glossy Box during the Month its intended!! Normally we get them right at the end of the month which always bugs me when they take payment at the beginning of the month!! Anyway here is my box, I haven't really looked at any other blogs to see whether I have the "best" box or not and to be honest I've given up with that, some months this box is amazing others not so but again I digress! 
My goodies were the Alessandro Pro White nail polish, DHC Deep Cleansing Oil 30ml, All for Eve Eves balm 7g, Vera Valenti eye palate, Lipcote lipstick sealer and Glossybox's own lipstick in glossy pink! The theme of this box is International Superstars with each product allegedly having cult status in their native country.
The stand out product for me is the Cleansing oil from DHC, I buy this anyway as it really is amazing stuff! Wash your face as normal then cleanse with the oil and you'll be embarrassed as to what it pulls out your skin! Its also reasonably priced and a little goes a long way you can buy 30ml upwards from only £3.60. I love DHC anyway as you get samples sent through with your catalogues and orders, their website clearly lists everything you need to know about their products and yeah they're just yar!
I also love the Eve's Balm, I like the fact it has a mirror in it (I know vain!) and its for a good cause so you can't knock that.
The Glossy Box lipstick is ok the claim that its £9.50's worth seems a little exaggerated but its ok not a terrible colour and its an extra so can't complain! 
I wont waste my time or yours talking about the eye palate... shocking sums it up! The Lipcote is from about 1989 and stings like a bitch I also remembered why I don't use it because the brush gets tainted by your lippy then you end up with grim looking fluid in your tube!! The nail polish is ok small size makes yellow nails look white and bright...again can't moan its ok!
I have seen on GlossyBox's facebook page lots of people bitching about how shite the box is but I have to say it's not the worst box I've ever got, She Said Beauty's box this month was an absolute shocker, in comparison I really liked my Glossy box it contained one of my favourite products and it had a reasonable bonus item so another good month for me! 
                             

3 comments:

  1. Hey there, I subscribe to glossybox and she said beauty too. Please check out my blog if you ever have the time. xoxo. http://pureenlightenedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me :) I shall return the favour and check out your blog too xxx

      Delete
    2. Thank you hun! :-) xoxo.

      Delete